WordPress is the powerful and SEO friendly blogging platform. HostGator is one of the best WordPress friendly web host.
Once you sign-up with HostGator, you can easily install WordPress and start blogging.
There are three methods to install WordPress on HostGator.
- Manual installation
Here we can use the QuickInstall method to install WordPress on HostGator. I installed WordPress on my blog using QuickInstall . It is very easy to set up and you don’t need any expertise. You can install the latest version of WordPress using this method. It will take less than 5 minutes to set up your WordPress blog.
Install WordPress on Hostgator using QuickInstall
1. Login to your Control panel with your HostGator username and password
2. Select QuickInstall from the SoftWare/Services tab.
3. You can see a QuickInstall Window .Select WordPress under Blog Software (on the left side menu).
4. You can see the current WordPress version and total install size here . Click on continue
5. Choose your domain and fill all the columns with correct information to register your WordPress account . Don’t give ‘admin’ as your Admin Username (for high security ) .
Skip the http://yourdomainname.com/—– field to install WordPress on your root domain . If you want to install your WordPress in http://yourdomainname.com/blog , fill that field with ‘blog‘. Click Install Now button to install WordPress on HostGator account.
6. You can see a Congratulations message . Now your blog is successfully installed and check your email to get the admin password. You can login to your WordPress blog now using the link http://yourdomainname.com/wp-admin(replace ‘yourdomainname.com’ with your domain name.)
7. Install some beautiful themes and basic WordPress plugins .
You blog is up and post some unique and useful content .